Jun 8, 2012

Bucket List #8

It's become clear to me through this list that my upbringing has had an large impact on the things I wish to accomplish in my life. For that I must give thanks to my parents for providing us with so many opportunities to learn, but mostly for just being themselves. They aimed high when it came to making sure Steve and I knew that the world was our oyster, and I'm want to affirm that success to them.

As much effort as they put into showing us the world and all it has to offer, I think I've learned the most from their interests and how they have led by example in pursuing them. My mom's love of art, Asian culture, alternative healing, good advice and good listening. Dad's love of plants, design, beautiful things, loud and emotional music, and cooking. Both of them love to travel, embrace optimism, and are exceedingly generous. Generous to me and my family, but also to my friends. If you know my parents, you probably know what I'm talking about. So thanks mom and dad, for being you and being great parents. #8 is inspired by you.


  1. Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let's be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I've been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
  2. Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
  3. Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
  4. Tour all 50 states in an RV.
  5. Visit Monet's Gardens at Giverny.
  6. Take ballroom dancing classes so I can ballroom dance for fun.
  7. Travel to a far away destination by boat.
  8. To be exceedingly generous to my family and friends.

***
3 consecutive pictures of the same kid may be too much, but I know the Grandparents will appreciate them.




The Love Boat at Sushi Joy for our anniversary.
Believe it or not, but I had my fill of sashimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment