Jun 15, 2012

Bucket List #15






We do gobs of travelling. In fact, I am frightfully aware that by doing so we raise our carbon footprint to a size that I'm not proud of. How to justify this? I'm not sure. Maybe after Porter turns two and we have to start paying for his own seat we won't fly so much. Luke and I are large people (we are actively changing this) and having a large child makes flying even more squished and far from comfortable. We've flown first class on a few occasions, and I have to say that if we could afford it, we'd fly first class everywhere. But we can't, at least not yet :)  I considered making tonight's item to fly somewhere in a private jet, but I feel pretty 'eh' about that. I feel that #15 is something attainable, sustainable, and something I really want to do. Albeit it's somewhat silly. At least if I accomplish it, then my experience travelling to a destination should be more pleasurable, and that's always a good way to start and end a trip.
Safety first.
First class allows Porter to sit comfortably on our laps without the ability to harass the person sitting in front of us.
Lots of space in coach, good.
Shared seating in first class, also good.

Paris Airport

Flying home from France, in coach.
International coach flying is painful, but a small price to pay for a bucket list experience, right?




Bucket List
  1. Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let's be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I've been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
  2. Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
  3. Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
  4. Tour all 50 states in an RV.
  5. Visit Monet's Gardens at Giverny.
  6. Take ballroom dancing classes so I can ballroom dance for fun.
  7. Travel to a far away destination by boat.
  8. To be exceedingly generous to my family and friends.
  9. Write a book.
  10. Complete all three courses designed by BKS Iyengar in his book Light On Yoga, over the prescribed 300 weeks (5.7 years). 
  11. Go hang gliding.
  12. Catch a baby being born.
  13. Champion a cause - out of hospital midwife assisted birth.
  14. Have a garden worthy of a Sunset Magazine photo shoot.
  15. Fit comfortably into a coach class airplane seat.
~If you need to catch up on any of my bucket list items, find the corresponding post # in the June 2012 list at the right hand side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment