Today is summer solstice, the longest day of the year! It's a bittersweet day for me. I love the sun and have been relishing in the long warm evenings. My garden thanks me for that too. On the other hand, it also means that we are beginning our long decent into darkness, which makes me sad. 6 months until I can really celebrate the 1 day in winter that makes me happy, winter solstice. Since I'm a sun worshiper, my #20 fits perfectly.
- Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let's be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I've been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
- Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
- Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
- Tour all 50 states in an RV.
- Visit Monet's Gardens at Giverny.
- Take ballroom dancing classes so I can ballroom dance for fun.
- Travel to a far away destination by boat.
- To be exceedingly generous to my family and friends.
- Write a book.
- Complete all three courses designed by BKS Iyengar in his book Light On Yoga, over the prescribed 300 weeks (5.7 years).
- Go hang gliding.
- Catch a baby being born.
- Champion a cause - out of hospital midwife assisted birth.
- Have a garden worthy of a Sunset Magazine photo shoot.
- Fit comfortably into a coach class airplane seat.
- Throw a huge party and invite all of our friends and family. Dancing included.
- Go on an epic solo adventure.
- See Alaska by train.
- Blow glass.
- Visit Lapland, Finland to celebrate the Solstice with the Midnight Sun.
~If you need to catch up on any of my bucket list items, find the corresponding post # in the June 2012 list at the right hand side of this page.
|Big Baby arrived via UPS overnight. We promptly changed her diaper and fresh attire.|
|She came with us in the car.|
|And to the Library, where no less than 15 peoples made comments about thinking she was a real baby |
that I was allowing my toddler to man handle. Really people?!
|The most tender part of the day was Porter waiting so patiently to say goodbye to monkey puppet at the library and then giving it a kiss.|