Jun 10, 2012

Bucket List #10

I talked about studying yoga at an ashram in India in my #4 Bucket List post. #10 is along the same lines, only more focused on the yoga and a home practice. I've always had a hard time doing yoga on my own because I really like being in classes for any type of training that I'm doing. In teaching I don't like planning curriculum and in exercise I don't like planning workouts. That's part of the reason Couch to 5K is so great, because I have an app telling me when to run and when to walk. I think it would be a great practice in discipline to have a home yoga practice, and I think I've found a way to have the best of both worlds in my #10.


  1. Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let's be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I've been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
  2. Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
  3. Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
  4. Tour all 50 states in an RV.
  5. Visit Monet's Gardens at Giverny.
  6. Take ballroom dancing classes so I can ballroom dance for fun.
  7. Travel to a far away destination by boat.
  8. To be exceedingly generous to my family and friends.
  9. Write a book.
  10. Complete all three courses designed by BKS Iyengar in his book Light On Yoga, over the prescribed 300 weeks (5.7 years). 
~If you need to catch up on any of my bucket list items, find the corresponding post # on the list at the right hand side of this page.

***
Introducing Porter to tether ball.

We go to breakfast at Elmer's pretty regularly. They are friendly, have good food, have plenty of seating and are pretty quick. Porter calls it the "boon" restaurant, for obvious reasons. Plus, they love him. Can you blame them?

Over the months I've ordered P his own pancakes, eggs, fruit  and toast. I've also shared my own breakfast with him. None of those times has he sat and eaten for the duration of the meal. Today I got it together and asked for a plate of veggies. He received broccoli, carrots and zucchini. He then proceeded to eat most of the food for the entire meal and was perfectly content. Maybe he's making up for all the Oreos he was subjected to in the womb.

Props to JC Penny and their Father's Day catalogue for moving along with the rest of society into the new millennium and recognizing different, but normal, types of families.


For the first time ever, Porter ascended the ladder thingy at the local school all by himself. A proud, and terrifying, moment for me as his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment