Jun 5, 2012

Bucket List #5

My mom was an Art Docent in our local elementary schools and enjoys water color painting. My dad was an Interior Landscape Designer and is an avid gardener. It is only fitting that my favorite artist growing up was Claude Monet, famous for his Water Lillies.


One of my favorite books is Linnea In Monet's Garden. It's a kid's book, but one of my top 5 favorites of all time. If you have a child, get them this book! Or buy it for yourself and enjoy the beautiful art, photos, cartoons and awesome art education.


Monet painted flowers, family, and the lush gardens at his home in Giverny, France. I got to see some of his originals at the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. For me, seeing original Monet pieces was akin to seeing a celebrity, only better. This is me next to an original of his water lillies and the bridge in his garden. When I saw people taking pictures throughout the museum I thought they were totally corny, until I saw this and then succumbed to the corniness within.


I kick myself for being a short train ride from Monet's Gardens on our French Honeymoon and not going to see them because, according to books, it's too commercial. Tour guides be damned! It's my #5.


  1. Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let's be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I've been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
  2. Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
  3. Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
  4. Tour all 50 states in an RV.
  5. Visit Monet's Gardens at Giverny.

"Shh shh" aka brushing teeth

He's got big shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment