Are you familiar with Sunset Magazine? If you live in the Western US then you've probably heard of it, know someone who subscribes to it, or get the monthly edition in your mailbox. A couple years ago my mom gifted me with a subscription and it is one of the most tender highlights of my life. It inspires me to cook more, and better. To garden with confidence, inspires me to see the part of the country that I've lived in all my life, and to be creative in my home. There is so much to enjoy and learn from this one magazine. I love it and I'm hooked. #29 is inspired by Sunset (as was #14).
- Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let's be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I've been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
- Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
- Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
- Tour all 50 states in an RV.
- Visit Monet's Gardens at Giverny.
- Take ballroom dancing classes so I can ballroom dance for fun.
- Travel to a far away destination by boat.
- To be exceedingly generous to my family and friends.
- Write a book.
- Complete all three courses designed by BKS Iyengar in his book Light On Yoga, over the prescribed 300 weeks (5.7 years).
- Go hang gliding.
- Catch a baby being born.
- Champion a cause - out of hospital midwife assisted birth.
- Have a garden worthy of a Sunset Magazine photo shoot.
- Fit comfortably into a coach class airplane seat.
- Throw a huge party and invite all of our friends and family. Dancing included.
- Go on an epic solo adventure.
- See Alaska by train.
- Blow glass.
- Visit Lapland, Finland to celebrate the Solstice with the Midnight Sun.
- See the Aurora Borealis.
- Be debt free. With the exception of a house mortgage.
- Visit The Farm and hear Ina May Gaskin speak. Better yet, meet her in person.
- Treat common colds/illnesses/ailments holistically, before resorting to pharmaceutical drugs.
- Live next to a body of water (ocean, lake, pond, river, whatever).
- Visit, meet and learn from the Amish.
- Be in supreme physical shape.
- Go to bed when I want and wake when I want. Everyday.
- Take a trip using Sunset Magazine itinerary. Eat at their recommended food stops, stay at their recommended accommodations, and do their recommended activities.
~If you need to catch up on any of my bucket list items, find the corresponding post # in the June 2012 list at the right hand side of this page.
|What is it about pool and bath water that makes it so much more appetizing than the fresh drinking water provided in a nice clean water bottle? Seriously.|
|Breakfast date with mama and the dump trunk. Mmm, carrots and broccoli and the very acceptable water in a big kid cup with a straw. NOT in a water bottle.|