|These pictures were taken a year ago, July 2011.|
|He' still a messy eater.|
|He could barely sit up for a few seconds at at time, now he's a bushwacker!!|
1. Refuse - say no to receipts, drink carriers, disposable grocery bags, disposable tasting spoons, etc.
2. Reduce - do with less. Interesting fact I learned: eating organic food makes a person feels satiated with 30% less food than commercially grown food. Another reason to eat organic - to reduce food waste in step 5.
3. Reuse - canvas totes, library books, glass jars for food and shop in bulk, shop consignment
4. Recycle - if you must use something disposable make sure it can be recycled
5. Rot - if you've followed all the other steps then the only stuff left should be organic matter that can be composted. MMMM...black gold.
If you're into reducing your stuff and all the stuff on our planet, you might find these videos interesting:
The Story Of Stuff, part 1
The Story Of Change, part 2
|Big Kitty's hiding spot has most definitely been compromised.|