Nov 24, 2011

Day Of Thanks

For each new morning with it's light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

We had a wonderful day baking at home and sharing dinner with Chelsea and her family. There are so many things to be thankful for and the friends that we have here in Boise are on the top of my list, always.

This year, specifically, I'm thankful for the family that Luke and I have created. If I had to look back on one thing to be especially thankful for in the last year, it is my birth experience with Porter. It was everything I hoped for, and considering how much faith I had to put into the process, I'm very thankful that it went as perfectly as it did. I'm thankful that my husband and I made it through the first few months of having a new baby and are stronger and more in love than ever.

There are so many wonderful moments that I'm thankful for, but I'll leave you with this last one. I'm thankful that tonight's feast included a few scenes from the Sound Of Music, a personal favorite. You know it's a good holiday when the night ends with children and adults singing along together. Every night before Porter goes to sleep I sing him lullabies, my favorite one is Edelweiss, and I'm thankful that I know a sweet song to sing to my baby that he can hold in his heart forever. Happy Thanksgiving!


We were too busy being thankful for each other today that we
didn't really get any pictures of Porter's first Turkey Day. Here
he is keeping me company in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment