Running all my errands forced me to consider our current income and how it is changing now that I am not earning a paycheck. With two incomes and no children yet, I could be pretty loose with my budget, but that's all changing. I now have to consider every purchase I make, and am beginning to understand coupon clippers and bargain shoppers. While it may seem naive, I'm going to have to learn to budget anew and find pleasure in the art of the deal. Money is not what will make me happy, although I would be lying if I denied the sense of pleasure I get when spending it on all manner of goodies. Real happiness can be found in my list of tiny tender treasures from today:
- Getting my tires rotated makes me feel responsible. Best part it's totally FREE!
- Leisurely enjoying a latte
- Coming home to a warm house
- Figuring out how to decorate my pregnant belly casting
- Watching my husband, focusing with eyes closed, listen to our baby's heartbeat through a fetoscope